Report: Ex-Sunderland man who conceded 48 goals in 11 games talks after sealing transfer

Former Sunderland youngster Jack Newman has discussed his next move after being released by the Black Cats this summer.

Life at the Academy of Light has hardly been successful of late, seeing both the under-18 and under-23 sides fail to pick up wins in their respective youth leagues.

As a result of those dull 2019/2020 campaigns, academy manager Paul Reid left his role with immediate effect at the end of June, prompting the club to advertise for someone to replace him.

A number of player exits have also followed with Newman being one of those from the under-18 setup.

The Scotland youth international was released by the Wearside club earlier this summer and the goalkeeper has now completed a move back to his homeland with Dundee United

Discussing his excitement at the move, Newman said: “I’m delighted to be here and can’t wait to get started.

“I got told before we broke up for lockdown that I wouldn’t be staying on at Sunderland but within a couple of days Dundee United came forward and were really keen to bring me in.

“It’s clear there are people here who care about the club and the players and that drew me here straight away.

“I’d say my main strength is my consistency – I like to think of myself as an all-round keeper. I feel comfortable with the ball at my feet and in my hands.

“I want to get my name out there and make an impact on the lads here and get some involvement in the first team. Hopefully if I do well I’ll be able to get some game time.

“You only have to look at the names who have come through at Dundee United to realise how promising the academy is moving forward.”

Newman appeared 11 times for Sunderland’s under-18 side in the 2019/20 season, conceding a total of 48 goals in the process.

Newman will be delighted at finding a new club so quickly, especially with the record he and the under-18 setup had last season.

Of course, results at youth level are somewhat hard to judge but anyone watching the performances of the under-18’s or under-23’s would have wondered if any of the players were worth having another look at.

Newman is excited about his next career step and who can blame him…

Who do you think will become the new Academy of Light manager? Let us know in the comments section below…




Top Men's Dating Offers - Updated For 2020



The Devotion System - Make Men Obsess Over You


Vertical Jump Training: Vert Shock. Re-bill+upsell+insane Conversions

Watch live here

Sports Presenter 2020 Sports Presenter :Watch the NFL's Sunday Night Football, NASCAR, the NHL, Premier League and much more. Live stream, watch highlights, get scores, see schedules, check standings and fantasy news . https://sportspresenter.blogspot.com/.
Newer Posts Newer Posts Older Posts Older Posts

More posts

Comments

Post a Comment