'Wow', 'Absolute goosebumps' - Many Rangers fans drool at Old Firm comments from 'hero'

Glasgow Rangers face their fierce city rivals in the first Old Firm of the season on Saturday, and they could certainly do with a player like Barry Ferguson.

Ferguson is arguably one of the greatest players ever to pull on the Rangers shirt. He started his career at Ibrox, and across two spells, he helped his side to 15 trophies, five of which were Premiership titles. He also wore the captain’s armband for much of his time at Ibrox – he clearly loved being an important player for the Gers. He even played in the Premier League, with Rangers spending £4.5m to take him back north of the border.

And his latest comments in The Daily Record show just how much this match against Celtic meant to him. He was writing a piece ahead of the clash about its importance, and he explained:

“So I’d get up at the right moment, tell myself to keep a straight face and then walk down the steps. I’d even pause for a split second just to look at their faces and suck it all in as the second my wee head popped out the abuse would crank up to another level.

“‘Lovely! I’ve come here to ruin your day.’ That’s what I’d be thinking to myself as I walked through them towards the front doors.

“In fact, that was ALL I could think about.

“I’d get out onto the pitch 45 minutes before kick-off and you could feel the intensity building. I looked into the eyes of the guys screaming at me from the sidelines and I’d think to myself: “This guy wants to jump on here and give me a slap in the face. Fair play to him. But I’ll make sure he’s spewing when this is over.”

Even though Ferguson isn’t playing anymore, you can still feel how much it means to him. And, as you can imagine, the Rangers supporters were delighted with his comments. They took to Twitter to share their thoughts, hailing their ‘hero’.

Let’s see how the fans reacted to Ferguson’s comments

Gers fans, let us know what you think!


The post Rangers: Fans laud Barry Ferguson’s Old Firm comments appeared first on The Transfer Tavern.



Top Men's Dating Offers - Updated For 2020



The Devotion System - Make Men Obsess Over You


Vertical Jump Training: Vert Shock. Re-bill+upsell+insane Conversions

Watch live here

Sports Presenter 2020 Sports Presenter :Watch the NFL's Sunday Night Football, NASCAR, the NHL, Premier League and much more. Live stream, watch highlights, get scores, see schedules, check standings and fantasy news . https://sportspresenter.blogspot.com/.
Newer Posts Newer Posts Older Posts Older Posts

More posts

Comments

Post a Comment